Use the SEARCH function when you are exploring the collection to find material on a certain topic
- In the previous tutorial, we used BROWSE because we knew the title of the book we needed.
- In this tutorial you will learn to use ALEPH's search engine to find the books you need.
- You need to find books about global warming ... where do you start?
- Go to the Libraries' web site (http://www.lib.uct.ac.za) .... click on Catalogue (ALEPH) in the Search & Find menu
- ALEPH always opens at the Basic Search screen:
- To do a simple search in ALEPH, just type in keywords that describe the subject matter you are looking for ... and click on Go. Say you are looking for books on global warming:
- This search found 183 records in ALEPH. All these records contain the words global and warming. The results are given as brief records ... see below. To call up the full record for any of these books, just click on the number in the left-hand column.