Skip to main content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Many journals make a submission checklist available along with their Authors Guidelines, or Instructions for Authors.
Elsevier has published a generic checklist for use when a journal does not provide one:
"Ensure that the following items are present:
- One author has been designated as the corresponding author in the manuscript and full contact details provided:
- Email address.
- Affiliation address/es (this should be where the research has been conducted).
- Full current affiliation postal address for corresponding author if different to primary affiliation.
- All necessary files have been uploaded, and contain:
- Keywords on the title page.
- All figures, with captions.
- All tables (including title, description, footnotes), with legends.
- Further considerations:
- Manuscript has been 'spell-checked' and 'grammar checked'.
- References are in the correct format for this journal.
- All references mentioned in the Reference list are cited in the text, and vice versa.
- Permission has been obtained for use of copyrighted material from other sources (including the Internet)."