Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Set up your ORCID iD
Step 1. To register for ORCID account go to https://orcid.org/ and select 'Register for an Account' option
Step 2. Complete the registration form
Step 3. See if the registered details are correct
Step 4. Account creation will be confirmed
Step 5. Use the plus (+) sign to add content to a desired biography section
Step 6. To edit fields click on the pen icon
Step 7. Verify your email address. You will receive a verification email.
Step 10. Manage content visibility using, visibility icons (everyone, trusted parties or only me)
To link your ORCID iD to University of Cape Town (UCT), follow the instructions below:
- Open sign in button from ORCID webpage,
- Select 'Institutional Account' option,
- Pick University of Cape Town and 'Continue'
- Sign in using your UCT user credentials
- By signing in using your ORCID, you have linked your ORCID iD with UCT.
- Once you have linked, you will be able to directly access your ORCID account using your institutional credentials through the 'Institutional Account'.
Step 1: Use one of the options to add your publications to your ORCID account
Step 2: Add your research outputs by searching from various links
Step 3: Authorize your activity
Step 4: Select outputs with appropriate author name and affiliations
Step 5: Select the preferred profile name
Step 6: Review your authored publications and search for missing documents
Step 7: Review the Scopus profile
Step 8. Complete by sending your publications to ORCID